Monday, June 25, 2012

Brainstorming

Today was a laid back kind of day. My morning started with a cup of coffee, which always helps, no matter how hot the day is. The weather today was beautiful, because it was in the 70's and breezy, which I love!

I spent most of the day visiting my favorite blogs and trying to catch up, so it's good to see that everyone's doing good. I also caught up with some of my favorite Food Network/Cooking Channel shows....love Giada De Laurentiis! What are some of your favorite cooking shows?

I decided to take advantage of the weather and bake some cookies this afternoon. I can never bake when it's 80+ degrees outside, especially when we don't have an A/C (we'll be buying one soon, hopefully). I'm trying to use what we have in our pantry/fridge without spending money on stuff that we don't really need, and that's where the cookies came to mind. I've also been working on menus for the week and the past two weeks worked out, but I'm stumped on what to cook this week. So I'm hoping I can come up with something : ) What are your favorite cookies, store bought or homemade, and what kind?

Dinner tonight will be arroz con gandules y pollo (rice with green pigeon peas and chicken) along with a salad. Those are some items I had in the pantry and freezer. So, one day down, four more to go.

I hope everyone's having a great evening and I'll talk to you soon! Take care!!!

Angelica

No comments:

Post a Comment